Sweet Potato, Beetroot and Feta Salad
- 1 bunch beetroot (see cooks tip)
- 1kg sweet potato, scrubbed, cut into 5cm pieces
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch basil
- 125g feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven 220°C fan-forced. Grease two roasting pans. Peel the beetroot then cut into wedges. Arrange the sweet potato in one pan and the beetroot in the other. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil over each and season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until both are golden and tender.
- Whisk the remaining oil with the lemon juice, mustard, sugar and salt and pepper until well combined. Pour the dressing over the warm roasted vegetables and toss gently to coat.
- Pick 1 cup parsley leaves and 1 cup basil leaves, add to the warm vegetables. Add the feta and hazelnuts, toss gently. Serve warm or room temperature, its delicious both ways.
Remove any of the small beetroot leaves from the bunch, wash and dry them and set aside, add to the salad with the herbs.
Try swapping the beetroot for; bunches of Dutch carrots, wedges of turnips and florets of cauliflower, these are all great variations of this salad.