Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Chips
- 1kg sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- sea salt and black pepper
- olive oil, for greasing
- lemon wedges, to serve
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ½ cup whole egg mayonnaise
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven and a large flat oven tray to 220°C fan forced.
- Trim ends off the sweet potato then into long, thin chips. Combine the olive oil, smoked paprika, cumin, sea salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add sweet potato and toss well to coat.
- Lightly grease the hot tray then spread chips in a single layer onto the tray. Roast for 30-35 minutes, turning once, until tender. Serve with basil mayo and lemon wedges.
- For the basil mayo, shred the basil leaves. Stir into the mayonnaise with the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Basil mayo will keep in a clean airtight jar in the fridge for 3 months. Its great on sandwiches, wraps and burgers or use as a dressing for a sweet potato salad.