Sweet Potato Crisps with chilli parsley salt
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled
- light olive oil or vegetable oil, for frying
- light sour cream, to serve
- chilli parsley salt
- 2 tbs salt flakes
- 2 tbs parsley leaves
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- For the chilli parsley salt; Combine the salt, parsley and chilli flakes in a small food processor. Process until well combined. Transfer to a clean airtight jar.
- Using a mandolin or potato peeler, thinly slice the sweet potato into rounds or long thin strips. Pat surface dry with paper towel.
- Half fill a medium saucepan or wok with oil and heat over medium heat until hot. Cook the sweet potato in batches, for 2-3 minutes until light golden. Use a slotted spoon to remove to a wire rack sitting over a baking tray. Sprinkle crisps with a little salt as they come from the oil. Repeat until all sweet potato crisps are cooked, reheating the oil between batches as needed. Serve with extra salt and light sour cream.
Make double or triple chilli parsley salt and store any un-used in a clean airtight jar in the fridge for up to 6 months. Sprinkle over roast vegetables or use as seasoning for chicken or steak.
Crisps will keep 2-3 days in an airtight jar. if they go a little soft just spread onto a baking tray and heat in 200°C fan forced oven for 3-5 minutes (on cooling they will become crisp again)