Power Bowl Salad
- 500g (2) sweet potato, peeled
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs slivered almonds
- 2 tbs seed & pine nut mix
- 1 red oak lettuce
- 400g can brown lentils, well rinsed
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
Lemon tahini dressing
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 tbs tahini
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp seeded mustard
- Preheat oven 220°C fan forced. Cut sweet potato into 3cm chunks, put into roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and season. Roast 20-30 minutes until golden and tender. Set aside to cool.
- Scatter the almonds and seed mix on a baking tray, put into the oven, under the sweet potato for 5 minutes until almonds light golden and toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Separate lettuce leaves, wash and pat dry. Arrange in a salad bowl. Combine the lentils and herbs and add to the bowl with the sweet potato and avocado. Scatter over the toasted almonds and seed mix.
- For the dressing; whisk all the ingredients together. Season. Spoon over the salad. Serve.