Sweet Potato Split with chicken + avocado + whole egg mayonnaise
Serves 4 as main
Prep: 15 mins
Cooking time: 45-55 mins
- 1kg packet sweet potato, unpeeled
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs fajita seasoning
- 500g chicken breast fillet, trimmed
- 2 ripe avocadoes
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Praise Real Whole Egg Mayonnaise Lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven 200°C fan forced. Scrub the sweet potatoes under water with a clean brush. Pat dry. Pierce them all over, at least 8 times with a fork. Rub the skins all over with a little of the olive oil. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Put into a roasting pan. Roast 40-55 minutes or until they are tender all the way through to the centre.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the seasoning over both sides of the chicken . Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add remaining oil and chicken. Cook 5-6 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set pan aside for 10 minutes then shred the chicken. Tossing the shredded chicken in the warm pan juices.
- Smash the avocadoes, stir in 1 tablespoon each of chives, parsley and coriander. Season. Stir the chilli through the mayonnaise.
- Split the sweet potatoes down the centre with a sharp knife and ease open. Spoon in chicken and avocado. Drizzle with mayonnaise and serve with remaining herbs and lime.